New Law Requires Carbon Monoxide Detectors In Each California Home

Big Bear, Ca, July 20, 2011, 12:00pm - As of July 1stnew legislation went into effect requiring homeowners to install carbon monoxide detectors in every California Home.  According to CalFire this new legislation will save lives and each year carbon monoxide poisoning kills an average of 480 people, and sending more than 20,000 people to the hospital.  According to the Big Bear City Fire Department local merchants are promoting this new bill and have displays for residents to purchase carbon monoxide detectors.  Cal Fire wants to educate residents on the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.  At moderate CO levels, an affected person can get severe headaches, become dizzy, mentally confused, nauseated or faint, and those affected can even die if these levels persist for a long time.  Low CO levels can cause shortness of breath, mild nausea, mild headaches, and may have longer term effects on your health.  If you think you are being affected by Carbon Monoxide, call 911, get fresh air immediately, do not re-enter the premises affected by CO until cleared by emergency personnel, go to an emergency room and tell the physician you suspect of CO poisoning.  Fire agencies suggest that you install Carbon Monoxide alarms outside each sleeping area, and on every level of the home including the basement.

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Big Bear, Ca, July 20, 2011, 12:00pm - As of July 1stnew legislation went into effect requiring homeowners to install carbon monoxide detectors in every California Home.  According to CalFire this new legislation will save lives and each year carbon monoxide poisoning kills an average of 480 people, and sending more than 20,000 people to the hospital.  According to the Big Bear City Fire Department local merchants are promoting this new bill and have displays for residents to purchase carbon monoxide detectors.  Cal Fire wants to educate residents on the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.  At moderate CO levels, an affected person can get severe headaches, become dizzy, mentally confused, nauseated or faint, and those affected can even die if these levels persist for a long time.  Low CO levels can cause shortness of breath, mild nausea, mild headaches, and may have longer term effects on your health.  If you think you are being affected by Carbon Monoxide, call 911, get fresh air immediately, do not re-enter the premises affected by CO until cleared by emergency personnel, go to an emergency room and tell the physician you suspect of CO poisoning.  Fire agencies suggest that you install Carbon Monoxide alarms outside each sleeping area, and on every level of the home including the basement.

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Related posts:

  1. An Advisory from the Fire Department: Exposure to Carbon Monoxide Can Be Deadly
  2. Smoke Detectors: A Sound You Can Live With!
  3. Great California Shake Out: Largest Earthquake Drill in California