Big Bear, CA, January 2, 2015 – Big Bear Cycling and the 2014 Tour de Big Bear has a goal of making Big Bear Valley Southern California’s top cycling destination. In order to assist in that goal, they are investing an additional $40,000 into cycling projects here in the valley in 2015.
According to Craig Smith, President of Big Bear Cycling, “Our mission is to support recreational and competitive cycling in Big Bear Valley as a family activity, a healthy form of exercise and method of transportation, and we are very proud to announce cycling projects to work towards our goals. Tour de Big Bear, which has rapidly become one of the elite cycling events in Southern California, has committed over $90,000 in project funding to valley cycling projects over the past three years.”
New cycling projects announced for the upcoming season will include:
1. The Big Bear Cycling Bike-to-School Scholarship Program.
2. Major sponsorship for the AMGEN Tour of California Big Bear Time Trial.
3. Alpine Pedal Path Improvement Project.
4. 50,000 free 2015 Big Bear Cycling Outdoor Activities Maps for visitors.
5. The ‘Bike Big Bear’ program launch.
All of the projects are being reviewed by the appropriate agencies and the approval process is underway in hopes of completing these and other projects by the fall of 2015.