Local firefighting agencies responded to a report of a small residential fire this afternoon [November 23] but, upon arrival, the occupants of the home had already extinguished the fire with a garden hose. It was in the 2pm hour that the Big Bear City Fire Department received a report of a fire in the 200 block of Aeroplane in Big Bear City but, as it was out upon their arrival, all other units, including County Fire from Fawnskin, were canceled. The small fire did not result in any injuries, but did result in minimal damage to a second story room of the wooden structure. An official with the Big Bear City Fire Department tells KBHR that they suspect that the cause of the fire can be attributed to an unattended candle.
Unattended Candle May Have Sparked Today’s Small Residential Fire
Posted on 11/23/2009 Written by