Big Bear Lake, CA, September 20, 2013 – The Kodiak Ultramarathon will bring 450 of the world’s elite athletes to Big Bear this weekend, as they trail-run 50- and 100-mile courses through the San Bernardino Mountains.
Both courses keep runners between 6,900? and 10,000? and give them over 12,000 feet in elevation gain over multiple climbs and descents. Competitors in the hundred-mile race will start at 6:00 p.m. Friday and run overnight on a route that circles Big Bear — hitting Green Valley Lake to the west and Deadman’s Ridge past Highway 38 to the east. Fifty-milers will start early Saturday morning.
Saturday night in the Village, the Reel Rocks Tour presents free movies in an outdoor setting at 7:30 p.m. Bring your own chair and enjoy climbing and adventure flicks!
Event sponsors include Dos Equis, Open Air Big Bear, Feed the Machine, FRS, saltstick, Altra, Mountain Khakis, Light & Motion, UP, nuun, M Drive and Ding-bat bars. In addition, a few lucky 100-milers will have the chance to demo STELLA Head Lights and the new SOLITE 250 EX.
- 12pm Vendors can begin setting-up in Venue
- 1pm Volunteer Meeting
- 2pm Dos Equis Flow
- 12pm-5pm 100 and 50 Mile Athlete Packet Pick-up
- 12pm-5pm 100 Mile Medical Check-in
- 5pm Race Meeting
- 6pm 100-mile Race Start
- 5pm-8pm Friday Night in the Village
- 3:30am-5:30am 50 Mile Race Packet Pick-up
- 3:45am Athletes arrive for Shuttle
- 4am Shuttle to 50 Mile Start (Holcomb Valley)
- 4:45am arrive for Shuttle
- 5am Shuttle to 50 Mile Start (Holcomb Valley)
- 5:30am 50 Mile Race Meeting (AT START FINISH IN HOLCOMB VALLEY) (access North Shore Drive, North on Van Duesen Canyon Road until the T, at Venue)
- 10am Venue Opens
- 10am-12pm (Noon) First Finishers expected to Arrive
- 12pm (Noon) Dos Equis
- 2pm-5pm Wine Walk
- 6pm Awards
- 7:30pm Reel Rock Tour
- 9pm Champions Reception
- Venue stays open to recieve runners through the night.
Sunday – Race Wrap-up
- 6am Courses Closes
- 9am Venue Strike
- 1pm Staff Wrap-up Lunch at Brownie
No related articles found.