The County of San Bernardino has produced a flyer with information on where victims of the recent winter storms can go for assistance. During the past week many residents have not known where to turn for help on a variety of issues. The flyer includes phone numbers and web links for those who have suffered property damage, have endured personal hardship, or have questions about health and safety issues. Participating San Bernardino County departments and agencies include Fire Marshal, Office of Emergency Services, Assessor, Behavioral Health, Building and Safety, Health and Human Services, Public Health, Public Works, and Special Districts. The flyer is posted on the county website at and is also outlined below.

Community Informational Flyer
San Bernardino County
January 2010 Winter Storm Event

This informational flyer provides contact information for local resources that are available to residents who may have been affected by the recent January 2010 Winter Storms. At this time there is no Federal Individual Assistance program available to support private property owners. However, until such time when a program may become available by federal agencies, residents are encouraged to access the services below if needed.

County services for all San Bernardino County residents (Cities/Towns, unincorporated areas)
San Bernardino County Assessor’s Office: Property owners may contact the Assessor using the toll free number 1-877-885-7654. The web link to the Damaged Property Reassessment Application is Damage to property must be at least $10,000 to be eligible for a property tax reduction.
San Bernardino County Department of Behavioral Health: The recent winter storms have been quite challenging for many in our community. If you are feeling emotionally distressed and would like to talk with someone, we invite you to dial 2-1-1 for an immediate referral to behavioral health services. Crisis services, referrals and resources are available to you around the clock, 24/7, 365 days a year. Additional information is available at
San Bernardino County Building and Safety: County Building and Safety will respond to requests for assessments and evaluations and can guide victims through the permit process for repairing and rebuilding storm damaged structures. Property owners may contact the County Building and Safety office at (909) 387-4246.
San Bernardino County Health and Human Services: To connect with Health and Human Services (HSS) resources dial 2-1-1. This number is the public contact number for inquiries regarding available HHS resources and services. Additionally, log on to the HHS website for a list of services provided by HHS.
San Bernardino County Department of Public Health: (800) 782-4264, For information on power outages and safe food handling during an outage, visit the above website and type in “power outage” in the search box. For information about health threats related to extreme cold, please visit the above website and type in “extreme cold” in the search box. For information regarding shelters, emergency phone numbers, health emergency instructions, etc., please visit the above website and mouse over the “Programs & Services” link, then the “Preparedness & Response” link.
San Bernardino County Public Works Department: To access information on debris and erosion control, emergency measures to protect a home from flooding and what to do after the home is flooded, please access the following link to the San Bernardino County Public Works website

Dial 2-1-1 (or 1-888-435-7565 or visit for free and confidential information and referrals 24 hours a day, seven days a week (food / clothing / shelter / counseling / crisis services / health and dental care / elder assistance / and much more).

County services for unincorporated communities
(County areas)

San Bernardino County Fire Marshal’s Office: If you reside in an unincorporated area of the County and received personal property damage to your business, home, outbuilding, vehicle, etc., please report the damages to the San Bernardino County Fire Marshal’s Office at (909) 386-8400.
San Bernardino County Special Districts Department: Special Districts Department provides a variety of municipal services throughout the unincorporated areas of the County, including water, sewer, parks and recreation, maintenance of roads, television translator, and streetlights. The Department continues to operate during emergency conditions (i.e. assist customers that are affected by flooding or other types of extreme weather). To request assistance or report problems, please call the following Special Districts
Department phone numbers. If they are not the correct department or agency to handle your call, they will help you reach the appropriate service providers.
(909) 866-9700 – Big Bear Valley Recreation and Park District
(909) 338-1751 – Crestline Sanitation
(760) 955-9885 – Sewer and Water
(909) 387-5940 – Parks and Recreation, Roads, Streetlights, and Television Translator

City/Town contact services
The information below is provided to assist in reporting damage to your home caused by the winter storm.
— Homeowners, renters and business owners should contact their insurance companies to determine what may be covered.
— If you have an immediate need contact the Red Cross or Salvation Army.
— If you live in a City/Town and have damages, report them to your City/Town’s office of emergency services.
— For general information and referrals, dial 211.
— If the requested service or other information is needed from the State of California access the California Emergency Management Agency (Cal EMA) website at

Non-Government services for all County residents
American Red Cross: (909) 888-1481, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The American Red Cross provides Disaster Relief assistance to those affected by disaster. If your home was damaged by the recent storm you may be eligible for disaster assistance. Call us if your home has damage due to a collapsed roof or fallen trees. Unfortunately, the Red Cross does not provide assistance for power outage only issues.