Big Bear, CA, May 30th, 2016 – The Big Bear Valley Marine Corps League Detachment 1038 and The American Legion Post 584 will participate in a special program commemorating the sacrifices of the United States military personnel who have died in our nation’s service.
The keynote speaker for the solemn event will be Sergeant Major Hendges, U.S. Marine Corps assigned to Marine Air Ground Task Force Training Command (MAGTFTC/ Marine Air Ground Task Force Training Program (MAGTFTP) Twenty-Nine Palms, CA. Sergeant Major Hendges joined the Marine Corps in January 1992 and deployed on 5 Combat Tours, including Iraq for Operation Iraqi Freedom 1, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom IV, to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom 09.2 &; 11.2.
The 2016 ceremony will begin at 10 a.m. with a bagpipe tribute, performed by Major Nelson Reynolds, USAF retired. Major Nelson has supported the Big Bear Memorial Day Ceremony for many years and is honored to be invited every year.
The public is cordially invited to join veterans and families of service personnel and first responders, past and present to the ceremony at Veterans Park, followed by Burgers and Hot Dogs at The American Legion Post #584.
Additional participants in the ceremonies are:
- Mayor David A. Caretto of the City of Big Bear Lake
- Big Bear Mortuary
- Marine Corps League Color Guard
- American Legion Post 584 Honor Guard
- Women’s Auxiliary American Legion Post 584
- Reverend Tom Goodman of the American Legion Post 584
- Girl Scout Troop 1468
- Boy Scout Troop 49 and 1845
- Cub Scout Troop 49
- Music by “The Unaccompanied Minors” from Big Bear High School- the students of Diane Sloan Kubeja
- Mojave Vipers Young Marines
For any additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org