Big Bear Lake, CA, February 26, 2014 – The Lighthouse Project is sponsoring a Video Contest for grades six through 12 on the theme of “Kids Do Amazing Things.” Students are invited to make an inspirational video up to 30 seconds long, then do their best to make it go viral.
Contestants should upload their videos as Public to their YouTube accounts between March 1 and March 31, 2014, then email the link to BigBearLighthouse@gmail.com. The Lighthouse Project’s team will review each video, then post each video that meets the stated criteria.
The video in each age group with the most views wins–garnering a $100 prize for one middle school student and for one high school student. The usual social media promotions will come in handy, such as sharing your video link on Instagram and Facebook and asking friends and family to do the same.
See below for more tips and instructions, and call the Lighthouse Project at (888) 906-9998 with any questions.
CRITERIA & INSTRUCTIONS
- Each submitted video must be made by current Middle or High School students registered in the Bear Valley Unified School District.
- One or more students may work together, but they must all be Middle School students working together OR all High School students working together.
- Each video can be no more than 30 seconds in length
- Videos must be uploaded to YouTube through your YouTube account and then share the link to the video with the Lighthouse Project by emailing to BigBearLighthouse@gmail.com (Be sure to upload video as “Public”)
- In the email, please submit:
1) The link to the YouTube video (“public” setting)
2) The names of each person who contributed to the video
3) The name, phone number and active email address of the person we should contact about the video (so we can contact you if you win).
- Videos must match the Theme.
- You may submit as many videos as you want.
- Published date on YouTube must be between March 1-31, 2014
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR GAINING VIEWS:
- Post the LINK to your video on Instagram
- Post the LINK to your video on Facebook and SHARE with friends
- Ask your friends to share the video
- People may watch your video more than once
- You may “promote” your link if you wish, however, this is at your own expense and requires parent permission
- It would be appreciated if you would share your video from one of the Official Big Bear Lighthouse Project websites that will be promoting your video, but doing so is NOT required to win. www.BigBearLighthouse.com or www.Facebook.com/BigBearLighthouse