Big Bear Lake, CA, October 25, 2010, 8:00am – Ten days ago VCA Lakeside Animal Hospital reported to KBHR that four dogs had been poisoned in Big Bear Lake. As more information has become available, the incident apparently was the result of intention poisoning of dogs at two residences on Oriole near the Pine Summit camp. According to the Saylor family, who lost one dog as a result of this crime, ground beef mixed with antifreeze was tossed into their yard and their neighbor’s yard where two additional dogs resided. Among the four dogs belonging to both families, three of the dogs ate the tainted meat. Consequently, two of the dogs had to be euthanized following several days of treatment trying to save them. One dog survived the poisoning but will need long term veterinary care. According to Tiffany Swantek, Information Officer with the Big Bear Sheriff’s Department, this is the only reported incident of poisoning but if you have a dog that starts acting strangely or possibly disoriented it is recommended that you take your dog to the vet immediately to rule out poisoning. The Big Bear Sheriff’s Department is working on the case and if you have any information that can assist in the investigation you can contact deputies at (909)866-0100. Additionally, a spaghetti dinner fundraiser has been scheduled at the Old Country Inn this Thursday, October 28th from 11am to 8pm for $5.99 per person with the proceeds benefiting the Saylor and Porter families who lost their pets to help pay their large vet bills in trying to save the dogs. Scubies Yogurt, next to the Old Country Inn, will donate 10% of sales also on October 28th to the families.
Big Bear City Community Services District Directors Approve Well Site Purchase, Receive Audit Report, and Recognize Employee Magana