Big Bear, Ca, May 23, 2011, 8:00am – The City of Big Bear Lake Department of Water and Power is encouraging the community to conserve water for days of drought. According to the DWP, “while California received above average rainfall over the winter season, water conservation efforts in Big Bear Valley continue so that we can make sure our water budget lasts for years to come.” The DWP reminds residents and homeowners to continue to save water by following conservation requirements including:
· No outdoor watering between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
· When planting new turf visit the DWP to obtain a temporary watering exemption.
· No water run-off is allowed onto streets.
· No water may be used to wash down sidewalks, driveways and the like.
· Water may not leak from any faucet, water line etc.
· Washing vehicles must be done with a bucket and a hose with a shut off valve.
· No outdoor watering on Memorial Day weekend or Independence Day weekend.
The DWP also offers a turf buy-back program which gives homeowners money to remove their lawn as well as a toilet rebate program for homeowners to replace high-flush toilets with low-flush toilets. For more information contact the conservation department at 866-5050 x 202.
[audio:http://kbhr933.com/wp-content/uploads/SP30757.mp3|titles=DWP Conserve Water May 2011]