Big Bear, Ca, December 22, 2011, 12:00pm – With the snowfall we received earlier this week, Big Bear is a beautiful white landscape. This holiday weekend, there are many different activities that families and friends can participate in. The Alpine Slide and Big Bear Snow Play will both be open on Christmas Eve and Christmas day, allowing children of all ages to take a ride down the hill on their inner tubes, and sleds. The Bowling Barn, Big Bear Fun Plex, Snow Summit and Bear Mountain will all be open both days, with night sessions being offered at the slopes. The Moonridge Animal Park, and the Big Bear Discovery Center are both open on Christmas Eve, and closed on Christmas, so you can say hi to the animals, and find out more about Big Bear’s History. Additional activities you can do on your own time include snowshoeing, and taking a stroll down the Alpine Pedal Path on the North Shore of Big Bear Lake. There are many local trails, including the Woodland Trail, Cougar Crest Trail, and Pine Knot trail that are great snowshoeing trails.
– Alpine Slide: Christmas Eve = 10-5 pm, weather permitting; Christmas day = 11-4 pm.
– Big Bear Snow Play: Christmas Eve = 10-4 pm; Christmas day = 11-4 pm.
– Bowling Barn: Christmas Eve = 10-5 pm; Christmas Day = Noon-10 pm.
-Elevations Day Spa: Call for appointments: 909-866-7405. Christmas Eve= 10am, closing early (after the last scheduled appt); Christmas Day = open at 10 am.
Fun Plex: Christmas Eve = 11– 5 pm; Christmas Day = Noon– 9 pm
– Moonridge Animal Park: Christmas Eve: 10 – 5 pm. Christmas Day = CLOSED.
– Baldwin Lake Stables and Petting Zoo: reservations: 909-585-5254. Christmas Eve = last ride (1 hour) at 3:00 pm. Christmas Day
-Snow Summit: Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day = 8 – 5 pm, Day Session. Night Session = 3 – 9:30 pm, Day Session extends to 6 pm when Night Session is offered. Bear Mountain Resort: Snow Summit & Bear Mountain due to likely ‘sell out’: BBMR Reservation Service: 909-866-5841. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day: 8– 4:30 pm. Reservations highly recommended for both
– Helicopter Big Bear: Christmas Eve and Christmas Day = Open, call for reservations: 909-585-1200.
– Gallery of the American Landscape: Christmas Eve = 10 – 6 pm; Christmas Day = CLOSED.
– Big Bear Discovery Center: Christmas Eve = 8:30 –2 pm; Christmas day = CLOSED. Monday, Dec. 26 = Federal Holiday.