Big Bear Lake, CA, July 11, 2013 – The Lions Club is well known for providing free recycled eyeglasses and vision screenings to people in need. Now, the Big Bear Lions & Sunset Lions Club of Big Bear is sponsoring a free health fair, in collaboration with Bear Valley Community Hospital and in partnership with Crestline Lioness, Arrowbear Lake Lions, and Lucerne Valley Lions. The Mountain Communities Health Fair is set for Saturday, July 13 at the Elks Lodge (40611 Village Drive), from 9 am to 3 pm.
Everything at the fair will be free to all participants. This includes hearing, vision, and dental screenings by licensed professionals, raffles, coloring books promoting health, a bounce house, hot dogs and popcorn and tons of information from exhibitors.
Bear Valley Community Hospital will have resources and information about various programs offered by the hospital, including MediCal assistance, nutrition, diabetes, hypertension, physical therapy, services offered at both rural health clinics and the Mom & Dad project. Here is a sampling of other exhibitors:
- The Masonic Lodge will offer a free child identification program that includes mouth swabs, hair samples and a voice recognition CD for police to use to identify abduction victims.
- Medical Arts Supply and Wellness will have information on skin care products, medical equipment and services and supplies for women recovering from mastectomies.
- Action Response Team will have EMS resources on CPR and first aid.
- Soroptimist International of Big Bear will share information about Mammograms for uninsured women.
- Concorde Career College will be checking blood pressure, pulse oxygenation, vital signs and health promotion.
- DOVES will be providing resources on domestic violence and will host a bean bag toss for young and old alike.
Those who wish to donate funds, prizes, gifts or gift certificates to support this event should contact the hospital’s Marketing
Committee Chair, Cindy Venuto at (909) 725-7329 or email@example.com.