Big Bear Lake, CA, December 4, 2013 – The County’s Energy, Education, and Environmental Services Program will be processing HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program) applications tomorrow at the Big Bear Lake Fire Dept. (41090 Big Bear Blvd.)
Those who are able to sign in by 9:30 a.m. Thursday with the proper documentation may be eligible to receive an annual gas or electricity bill credit of $201-$334, $350 toward firewood, or up to $600 toward propane.
Emergency assistance is available for clients who’ve been served a shut-off notice.
Other offers include a free refrigerator replacement and energy saving light fixtures.
• Both CURRENT GAS and ELECTRIC bills are required (all pages to utility bills). Bills must be for a minimum of 22+ days.
• Rental Agreement or Mortgage Statement
• A California picture i.d., or a social security card for each household member
• Verification of income for ALL HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS- including children:
• Proof of SSI/SSA for 2013 (NO 1099 forms for year 2012)
• Current Month TANF/ Food Stamps
• For employment income, state disability, child support, workers’ comp., unemployment
benefits, or pension, you must show all pay stubs for all pay periods for the prior 30 days
• For other adults in the household with no income a CA43B no income form must be completed
• Rental/Mortgage statement to verify address
For more information contact the Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County Energy, Education, and Environmental Services (EEES) HEAP Program at (909) 723-1680. For weatherization Services, call (909) 723-1636.