Big Bear Lake, CA, June 20, 2013 - The Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County is processing HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program) applications for qualifying residents to receive one of the following:
- An annual credit ranging from $194 to $323, which can be applied towards gas or electric accounts, OR
- $350 towards wood, OR
- Up to $600 towards propane
- In addition, emergency utility assistance is available for clients with a Final Call or Shut-off notice
On Monday, June 24, Bear Valley Electric is hosting two HEAP workshops to help householders with the extensive paperwork. Workshop #1: 9:30 a.m. (first 25 clients only)
Workshop #2: 1:00 p.m. (first 20 clients only)
Location: Bear Valley Electric | 42020 Garstin Road | Big Bear Lake, CA 92315 | (909) 866-4678
- Both current gas and electric bills are required (all pages to utility bills). Bills must be for a minimum of 22 days.
- Rental Agreement or Mortgage Statement
- Identification: California picture I.D./Social Security cars for all household members
Verification of income for ALL HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS- including children:
- Proof of SSI/SSA for 2013 (NO 1099 forms for year 2012).
- Current Month TANF/ Food Stamps
- For employment income, state disability, child support, workers’ comp., unemployment benefits, or pension, you must show all pay stubs for all pay periods for the prior 30 days
- For other adults in the household with no income a CA43B no income form must be completed
- Rental/Mortgage statement to verify address
For more information on the Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County and its Energy, Education, and Environmental Services HEAP PROGRAM, call (909) 723-1500, stop by 696 S. Tippecanoe Ave in San Bernardino, or visit www.capsbc.org.