Prosecutors Seek Death Penalty For Old Fire Arsonist

San Bernardino, CA, August 21, 2012, noon - Prosecutors laid out the criminal history of Old Fire arsonist Rickie Lee Fowler on Monday, August 20, 2012 during the first day of the penalty phase in the trial, revealing details about the defendant’s past that they said make him deserving of the death penalty. The San Bernardino County Sun Newspaper says Fowler, who was convicted last week of multiple murder and arson charges, now faces the second leg of the trial, where the same jury will decide if he should die by lethal injection or serve a life sentence in state prison for his crimes. On Wednesday, August 15, 2012 Fowler, a 30-year-old San Bernardino man was found guilty of five counts of first-degree murder and two counts of arson in the October 2003 blaze that burned more than 91,000 acres and destroyed more than 1,000 structures after starting near Waterman Canyon. The Jury is expected to hear testimony through the end of the month.

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

 

Related posts:

  1. Arsonist Raymond Oyler, Responsible for Esperanza Fire, Receives Death Sentence; Five Firefighters from Engine 57 Lost Their Lives in 2006 Blaze
  2. County Reports 17th Death from H1N1 Virus; Limited Vaccine Available to Priority Groups
  3. Fire Level Has Been Increased To Very High: Fire Restrictions Elevated
Website Apps